A large industry is looking for innovators/experts who could provide them onboard thought leading solutions specifically in Circular Economy and Decarbonization sector.
A full summary of the challenge is available here:
Cost-effective enzymes and/or enzymatic cocktails for the hydrolysis of polysaccharides from the organic fraction of municipal solid waste (OFMSW)
- TRL minimum 7 (or higher), with capacity of reaching cost-effective industrial production in less than 2 years.
- Stable & highly active at high percentage of total solids (20% ts), capable of release at least 65% sugars contained in biowaste, from mixtures of starch and cellulose (range contents of starch 10-60% and cellulose 40-90%, with total glucan (starch +cellulose) content of around 30% of the OFMSW, on dry basis.)
- Compatible with simultaneous mesophilic fermentation (35ºC), although a pre-saccharification step at higher temperature can be done.
- Enzymes and/or enzymatic cocktails provided as consumables as well as enzymes produced in situ can be considered.
- Experience on possible recovery and reuse of enzymes in the process would be very valuable
How to apply
If you would like the opportunity to submit a solution you are developing, or expertise you have in the above area, please contact us to email@example.com for an expression of interest by June 30, 2022.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact us directly.
The Wheesbee team from Innovation Engineering Srl is specialized in supporting Open Innovation initiatives by facilitating the matching between problem owners and problem solvers in the framework of a large network of innovative companies.
Contact us to be part of our network with your Open Innovation Challenges.